Thursday, September 24, 2009

Coming up with plausible excuses is one of my many, many useful talents.

"I'm sick."

This will always, always be my favorite excuse for anything. Why were you late? Because I'm sick. How come you're taking your shitty moodiness out on me? I'm sick. I thought you said you were going to help me with so and so today. Sorry, I can't. I'm sick. You're being highly annoying right now. Don't talk to me like that, I'm sick, you don't even know what I'm going through right now, asshole!

Et cetera, et cetera.

Then if people tell you you're "being ridiculous," you can say to them, "Well, duh, that's because I'm sick." Trust me, people will leave you alone after this.

Another good one is "I fell down the stairs." No one really uses this one a lot and it's more specific than "I hurt myself", so it's believable. Or "I have food poisoning" which is a step higher than the general "I'm sick." You see, I put a lot of thought into these kinds of things.

Of course, I am actually sick. That's why I haven't been blogging as much lately. (See? It's perfect). But really, I'm actually sick. I've barely gotten any sleep lately because I've been coughing my head off at night. I feel terrible, I have no appetite, and I'm always in a bad mood as a result. Not a happy camper. I'm also taking three different kinds of meds, all to no avail. And I didn't go to class today either, of course. Take pity on the sick girl.

I would seriously give up three years of my life, if it means that I will live the remaining years of my life untouched by sickness. I think if I add up the days and days I've spent sick in bed and suffering from coughs and cold, it would span for months and months.

Songs today are MK Ultra, Undisclosed Desires, and I Belong to You off the new Muse album, The Resistance. You can download the entire album here. Enjoy.

Happy Thursday everyone.