Monday, November 30, 2009

The one where I have to act like a cold hearted bitch (but I'm really not)

A few weeks ago, one of my guy friends asked me how I felt about him. I could tell it took a lot of courage for him to admit his feelings for me. So I looked him deep in the eyes, and opened my mouth, ready to answer him.

And I answered him the way I usually answer things...with brute/untamed force. I punched him in the face.

Totally kidding, I'm not a violent person. I've never even punched anyone before. In fact, I never hit people, unless someone takes my hand and thereby forces me to hit them with it. I answered him with brutal honesty.

I'm not a brutally honest person, so this was tough for me. When I have to tell someone bad news, I do it lightly. I tread carefully. I beat around the bush until they bring their hands up to choke me for the truth. In short, I'm not good at turning people down. I'm not a doormat of any sort, but I'm careful about how I say things. Too careful almost.

Instead of being like one of my closest friends, who is the bluntest person I know, and who would be all, "Dude, no way, I'm not interested. And I'm sleeping with your brother" or something along the same lines of awesome, I have to sugar coat everything.

Anyways, all that aside, it's not like my opinion of him will change. He's still my friend and an awesome guy, and I will probably act as if nothing out of the ordinary ever happened the next time I see him. Also, no one will ever ask me out again out of fear that I will end up really punching them in the face next time.

Song today is Metric - Gold Guns Girls

No comments: