Friday, October 16, 2009

The one where I almost go blind and die

It's 7:42 am.
I'm staring at myself bleary-eyed in the mirror. I'm dead tired.

I notice the remains of yesterday's mascara smudged around my eye, so I grab a cotton pad, saturate it in liquid, and press it against my right eye.

IT BURNS.

Wincing and cursing, I manage to pry open my good eye, and splash some water into the stinging one. I turn my good eye to the counter to see a large pink bottle, not a small blue bottle of makeup remover.

I then realize I have just put nail polish remover in my eye.

I've never been so happy to not read "Please avoid contact with eyes" in my life. I need to stop trying to kill myself in the mornings.

Anyways, on another note, I got bored with my hair the other day and decided to cut my own bangs. HOW do people manage bangs? Tell me people. Is there some kind of thing you gotta do to make them behave? They're in my face all the time, the pieces are all all over the place and I feel like I'm hiding behind a veil of hair all the time. It's disastrous. Anyways, everyone loves the fringe look on me, but that's because I'm the one who has to them all nice and style them in the morning so that it looks good for all of y'all. Alas, it's another story when I wake up in the mornings. Everything is another story in the mornings really.


I took this with my phone so that's why the quality is all crappy.

Happy Friday!

Song today is Ben Folds - Still Fighting It